During the COVID-19 outbreak, we are taking every precaution to assure that everyone who enters our offices is safe. If you are concerned about any symptoms that you or a family member may have, please don't hesitate to contact your primary care provider through your patient portal or by calling the practice.
For more about COVID-19 in our area, go to https://provmedgroup.com/coronavirus.html
Waynesville Health Care
Office hours: Monday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm • Tuesday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm • Wednesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm • Thursday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm • Friday 7:30- am - 4:00 pm
If you need to reach your provider after our office is closed, please call (513) 897-0085. Non-emergent calls will be returned within one to two business days.
Same day appointments — Call or schedule online through your Patient Portal.
To request a video appointment, call (513) 897-0085 or go to your Patient Portal
"The staff were very caring. I felt like I was in good hands . . . I'm so glad I made the appointment. You all are making a difference in people's lives. Thank you."
"A great experience. Everyone there is fantastic!" William Moran, M.D., Psy.D.
"Love the staff and Dr Opsahl. I never feel rushed and all my concerns are addressed. I am blessed to have such caring individuals for my health needs."
Waynesville Health Care is now an authorized ZO Skin Health practice — contact us about a skin health consultation! Click here to purchase ZO products through Enduring Youth - Waynesville’s online ZO Store.
Welcome to Waynesville Health Care, where Dr. Paul Opsahl, Family Nurse Practitioner Kristen Schwieterman and an experienced professional staff provide you and your family with complete health care and wellness services.
Board certified in family medicine, Dr. Opsahl has served area families for many years with thorough, conscientious care and an appreciation for all factors that impact well-being, including spiritual, emotional and environmental concerns.
- Our practice provides diabetes patients with a full spectrum of treatment alternatives and self-management instruction.
- Dr. Opsahl also maintains a special interest in geriatric medicine.
Dr. Paul Opsahl serves in area professional groups dedicated to promoting best practices in family medicine. He is an active member of the Waynesville community, and is recognized for his outstanding service through Christian mission work.
Dr. Opsahl is board certified in family medicine, and maintains hospital affiliations with Kettering Medical Center and Sycamore Hospital. He received his degree from the University of Cincinnati, School of Medicine, and performed his internship locally at St. Elizabeth Medical Center.
Our professional staff includes Family Nurse Practitioner Kristen Schwieterman. Kristen provides complete clinical care — including treatment of illness and injuries, routine check-ups, disease prevention, and diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions for patients of all ages. In addition, she has special clinical experience in women's wellness, surgical recovery, and in treating children.
As a vital member of our care provider team, Kristen also plays an important role in actively counseling our patients on ways to better manage their own health to help assure long-term wellness.
Waynesville Health Care is recognized by the NCQA as meeting PCMH 2011 patient-centered medical home standards.
At a Patient-Centered Medical Home, your health care team focuses on you, providing prompt, cost-efficient care, on-going wellness and better outcomes. It’s where you and your family work in partnership with a supportive team of medical professionals to ensure a lifetime of quality health care.
Skip the waiting room — visit your own provider over video!
Secure video appointments are ideal for follow-up visits, medication questions, test results or general questions. And they're perfect when you need immediate medical attention from a trusted provider and you can't visit your doctor's office in person. All you need is access to a video-capable computer, tablet or smartphone.
To request a video appointment, call (513) 897-0085 or go to your Patient Portal
From your Portal on a computer
1. Click on the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Click on ‘Secure Online Video’
3. Select the day for your desired appointment.
From your Portal on a smartphone
1. Select the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Select ‘Schedule New Appointment’
3. For Appointment Reason, select ‘Secure Online Video Appointment’. You will be given the opportunity to provide additional information about your visit should you wish.
4. In the ‘Who is your provider?’ menu, scroll down and select your provider.
How to begin your video visit
• After you've made your appointment, watch for an email or text that includes a link to the Providence Telemedicine web page or to download the 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' mobile app. You can then set up your user profile.
• Before your appointment, log in to your video visit with your computer, tablet, or a smartphone such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android device — find the app 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' on your mobile device, or click here from your computer. You'll also need a valid credit card.
• Please log in 15 minutes before your video visit and be prepared with questions for your doctor.
Tips for a great video visit
• Wi-Fi or a wired connection is strongly preferred for a great video visit experience.
• Use headphones — it cuts down on background noise and helps keep the conversation with your doctor private
New Patient Online Registration
It takes only a few minutes to register online as a new patient!
Please note that these steps are for new patient registration only.
- Click on Patient Portal. From the Providence Medical Group Patient Portal landing page, click on ‘Don't have an account? Sign up today to stay connected to your healthcare.’
- Fill in the required information and complete the security verification.
- You will then be asked to confirm your identity with a verification code sent to you via email, phone or text message.
- Once confirmed, you may select your new healthcare provider and practice location from the dropdown menus.
- You will be asked to set a password — when your password is confirmed, you will be directed to your own personalized, secure Patient Portal. You are now registered as a patient!
- You may now schedule your first appointment right away if you wish.
If you would like to wait to schedule your initial appointment, you may return to your patient portal at any time to do so.
If you have any questions about the registration process, or your new Patient Portal, please call (937) 297-8999.
Established patients who exhibit symptoms characteristic of COVID-19, including fever, cough and shortness of breath, or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past, are eligible for COVID-19 antibody testing.
Providence Medical Group’s total antibody testing procedure determines:
- If COVID-19 antibodies are present, and if they are,
- Whether antibodies are the result of an active or inactive incidence of COVID-19.
Same-day appointments are available; call our office or request an appointment for ‘COVID-19 antibody test’ with us through your patient portal.
Currently, COVID-19 antibody testing is covered by most medical insurance carriers.
Improving the quality of care among our patient communities
At Waynesville Health Care, our goal is to continue to improve the health and wellness of all our patients.
We measure our progress by tracking the care and treatment of groups of patients who are at risk for common or chronic conditions — here are some important at-risk factors that we carefully monitor:
Patients 65 years of age or older who received an influenza vaccination during the measurement period.
2018: 59% 2017: 53%
Pneumococcal Vaccination Status
Measure identifies Medicare members 65 years of age or older who have ever received a pneumococcal vaccination.
2018: 60% 2017: 59%
Blood Pressure Control
Patients 18 to 59 years of age with hypertension whose blood pressure is less than 140/90.
2018: 79% 2017: 77%
If you are at-risk for a chronic or other potentially harmful condition, please make sure you consult with your health care provider to set up a test or screening schedule to monitor your progress!
Vital health screenings! Find out below the important preventive services for people just like you.
Then, check back with us to discuss which are the most important steps to help assure your health and wellness — it's fast and easy!