COVID-19 vaccinations are available at our practice.
To make an appointment for us to administer the Moderna vaccine, please call our office.
Here are some important points to remember: • We have a limited number of vaccine doses, so please make your appointment soon.
• The Moderna vaccine is approved for ages 18 and over.
• COVID-19 vaccinations are at no charge to you.
• The vaccine is administered in two doses; during your first inoculation visit, we'll schedule you for the second shot four weeks later.
Family Health Center
Office hours: Monday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm • Tuesday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm • Wednesday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm • Thursday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm • Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
If you need to reach your provider after our office is closed, please call (937) 885-0701. Non-emergent calls will be returned within one to two business days.
Same day appointments — Call or schedule online through your Patient Portal.
New Patients Welcome — Register online. No preliminary office visit needed.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 885-0701or go to your Patient Portal
In addition to offering personalized primary care for patients of all ages, the providers at Family Health Center offer specializations in
• Sports medicine and check-ups • Women's wellness • Occupational medicine • Children's health and wellness
"Dr. Fisco called me personally to explain blood-test results! He reassured me by empowering me with information about my husband's condition and then closed his conversation with: "Hang in there, you can do it!" I was very grateful for his personal touch in a challenging care-giving situation."
"The office staff is always professional, helpful and nice. I have been a patient of Dr. Fisco's for many years and he is an excellent doctor! He's never in a hurry and he always takes his time to listen to you, answers any questions you may have and explains things in such a way that you understand."
Skip the waiting room — visit your own provider over video!
Secure video appointments are ideal for follow-up visits, medication questions, test results or general questions. And they're perfect when you need immediate medical attention from a trusted provider and you can't visit your doctor's office in person. All you need is access to a video-capable computer, tablet or smartphone.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 885-0701 or go to your Patient Portal
From your Portal on a computer
1. Click on the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Click on ‘Secure Online Video’
3. Select the day for your desired appointment.
From your Portal on a smartphone
1. Go to the patient portal, and click on the ‘Appointments’ tab.
2. Click on ‘Schedule New Appointment’.
3. From the ‘Specialty’ menu, select ‘Family Medicine’ or, if applicable, ‘Pediatric Medicine’.
4. From the ‘Reason for visit’ menu, select ‘Secure Online Video Appointment’.
5. Choose from the available appointments to schedule with a Providence Medical Group provider. Note that the practice name and address is listed above the provider name.
How to begin your video visit
• After you've made your appointment, watch for an email or text that includes a link to the Providence Telemedicine web page or to download the 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' mobile app. You can then set up your user profile.
• Before your appointment, log in to your video visit with your computer, tablet, or a smartphone such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android device — find the app 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' on your mobile device, or click here from your computer. You'll also need a valid credit card.
• Please log in 15 minutes before your video visit and be prepared with questions for your doctor.
Tips for a great video visit
• Wi-Fi or a wired connection is strongly preferred for a great video visit experience.
• Use headphones — it cuts down on background noise and helps keep the conversation with your doctor private
Board Certified in Family Medicine, Dr. James Fisco has been providing ongoing care for families for over 20 years in Southeast Ohio and Springboro. Compassionate with all his patients and excellent with children, Dr. Fisco also specializes in sports/occupational injuries and manipulative therapy.
Dr. Fisco received his degree from the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, and performed his residency in Warrensville Heights, Ohio.
As a vital member of our provider team, Certified Family Nurse Practitioner Leah Banks provides complete clinical care for our patients, including treatment of illness and injuries, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic conditions, and annual wellness visits. She also focuses on disease prevention as well as personalized health education and wellness counseling.
Leah is also a Registered Nurse, and has specialized clinical experience in pediatrics, women’s health and psychiatry.
Please join us in welcoming certified family nurse practitioner Chelsea Ferree to Family Health Center! As a vital member of our provider team, Chelsea offers compassionate health care for patients of all ages, including treatment for illness, injuries and most acute and chronic conditions.
Chelsea also plays an important role in actively counseling our patients on ways to better manage their own health to help assure long-term wellness.
“I’ll do my best to treat every patient with compassion and understanding, and to provide a heightened state of well-being through achievable, long-term health goals and enhanced wellness education.”
In addition to her FNP-C credentials, Chelsea is also a Registered Nurse, with hospital-based experience in pediatric care.
Family Health Center is recognized by the NCQA as meeting PCMH 2011 patient-centered medical home standards.
At a Patient-Centered Medical Home, your health care team focuses on you, providing prompt, cost-efficient care, on-going wellness and better outcomes. It’s where you and your family work in partnership with a supportive team of medical professionals to ensure a lifetime of quality health care.
New Patient Online Registration
It takes only a few minutes to register online as a new patient!
Please note that these steps are for new patient registration only.
- Click on Patient Portal. From the Providence Medical Group Patient Portal landing page, click on ‘Don't have an account? Sign up today to stay connected to your healthcare.’
- Fill in the required information and complete the security verification.
- You will then be asked to confirm your identity with a verification code sent to you via email, phone or text message.
- Once confirmed, you may select your new healthcare provider and practice location from the dropdown menus.
- You will be asked to set a password — when your password is confirmed, you will be directed to your own personalized, secure Patient Portal. You are now registered as a patient!
- You may now schedule your first appointment right away if you wish.
If you would like to wait to schedule your initial appointment, you may return to your patient portal at any time to do so.
If you have any questions about the registration process, or your new Patient Portal, please call (937) 297-8999.
Established Providence patients are eligible for fast and thorough COVID-19 testing through our practice. Please call us if you'd like a COVID-19 testing appointment.
If you believe you have COVID-19 symptoms — Click here for Providence's procedures for COVID-19 testing for symptomatic patients.
If you need to be tested for COVID-19, but do not have symptoms — Click here for Providence's procedures for COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic patients.
If you or a family member has COVID-19 symptoms, or believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, please contact us right away.
Improving the quality of care among our patient communities
At Family Health Center, our goal is to continue to improve the health and wellness of all our patients.
We measure our progress by tracking the care and treatment of groups of patients who are at risk for common or chronic conditions — here are some important at-risk factors that we carefully monitor:
Blood Pressure Control
Patients 18 to 59 years of age with hypertension whose blood pressure is less than 140/90.
2018: 79% 2017: 82%
Pneumococcal Vaccination Status
Measure identifies Medicare members 65 years of age or older who have ever received a pneumococcal vaccination.
2018: 48% 2017: 42%
Colorectal Cancer Screening
Patients 51 to 75 years of age who have received one or more screenings for colorectal cancer.
2018: 48% 2017: 36%
If you are at-risk for a chronic or other potentially harmful condition, please make sure you consult with your health care provider to set up a test or screening schedule to monitor your progress!
Vital health screenings! Find out below the important preventive services for people just like you. Then, check back with us to discuss which are the most important steps to help assure your health and wellness — it's fast and easy!