During the COVID-19 outbreak, we are taking every precaution to assure that everyone who enters our offices is safe. If you are concerned about any symptoms that you or a family member may have, please don't hesitate to contact your primary care provider through your patient portal or by calling the practice.
For more about COVID-19 in our area, go to https://provmedgroup.com/coronavirus.html
Family Health Center
Office hours: Monday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm • Tuesday 7:00 am - 5:30 pm • Wednesday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm • Thursday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm • Friday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
New Saturday Hours — 8:00 to 12 Noon on the first Saturday of each month.
Appointment hours will be held on the second Saturday of July and September due to holiday weekends.
Same day appointments — Call or schedule online through your Patient Portal.
If you need to reach your provider after our office is closed, please call (937) 885-0701. Non-emergent calls will be returned within one to two business days.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 885-0701or go to your Patient Portal
In addition to offering personalized primary care for patients of all ages, the physicians and certified nurse practitioners of the Family Health Center offer specializations in
• Sports medicine and check-ups • Occupational medicine
"I absolutely love Dr. Fisco and Kathryn Harkenrider! They are very personable and professional. They also treat me with respect and acknowledge what I say about my symptoms and concerns. They answer questions thoroughly and spend the necessary time with me. They never rush me through and I truly appreciate that."
"Dr. Fisco called me personally to explain blood-test results! He reassured me by empowering me with information about my husband's condition and then closed his conversation with: "Hang in there, you can do it!" I was very grateful for his personal touch in a challenging care-giving situation."
"Kathryn Harkenrider is exceptional! I feel I'm in good hands and will continue my wellness visits with her. I have and will continue to recommend this practice to family and friends."
Skip the waiting room — visit your own provider over video!
Secure video appointments are ideal for follow-up visits, medication questions, test results or general questions. And they're perfect when you need immediate medical attention from a trusted provider and you can't visit your doctor's office in person. All you need is access to a video-capable computer, tablet or smartphone.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 885-0701 or go to your Patient Portal
From your Portal on a computer
1. Click on the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Click on ‘Secure Online Video’
3. Select the day for your desired appointment.
From your Portal on a smartphone
1. Select the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Select ‘Schedule New Appointment’
3. For Appointment Reason, select ‘Secure Online Video Appointment’. You will be given the opportunity to provide additional information about your visit should you wish.
4. In the ‘Who is your provider?’ menu, scroll down and select your provider.
How to begin your video visit
• After you've made your appointment, watch for an email or text that includes a link to the Providence Telemedicine web page or to download the 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' mobile app. You can then set up your user profile.
• Before your appointment, log in to your video visit with your computer, tablet, or a smartphone such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android device — find the app 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' on your mobile device, or click here from your computer. You'll also need a valid credit card.
• Please log in 15 minutes before your video visit and be prepared with questions for your doctor.
Tips for a great video visit
• Wi-Fi or a wired connection is strongly preferred for a great video visit experience.
• Use headphones — it cuts down on background noise and helps keep the conversation with your doctor private
Board Certified in Family Medicine, Dr. James Fisco has been providing ongoing care for families for over 20 years in Southeast Ohio and Springboro. Compassionate with all his patients and excellent with children, Dr. Fisco also specializes in sports/occupational injuries and manipulative therapy.
Dr. Fisco received his degree from the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, and performed his residency in Warrensville Heights, Ohio.
As a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, Kathryn Harkenrider provides complete clinical care for our patients, including treatment of illness and injuries, disease prevention, diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions, and annual wellness visits. She brings an extensive clinical background to our professional staff, with eight years as a nurse in the military, as well as medical research and hospice experience.
As a nurse practitioner, Kathryn also plays an important role in counseling our patients on ways to better manage their own health to help assure long-term wellness.
Family Health Center is proud to welcome Certified Family Nurse Practitioner Nicole Campbell to our practice. As a vital member of our care team, Nicole provides treatment for illness, injuries and most acute and chronic conditions. She also focuses on disease prevention as well as personalized health education and wellness counseling — “As a nurse practitioner, my goal is to improve the lives of my patients and help them become more active in their health management.”
Nicole is also a Registered Nurse, with an extensive background in coronary and cardiac care, intensive care and trauma nursing, and over eight years experience with local hospitals.
Family Health Center is recognized by the NCQA as meeting PCMH 2011 patient-centered medical home standards.
At a Patient-Centered Medical Home, your health care team focuses on you, providing prompt, cost-efficient care, on-going wellness and better outcomes. It’s where you and your family work in partnership with a supportive team of medical professionals to ensure a lifetime of quality health care.
New Patient Online Registration
It takes only a few minutes to register online as a new patient!
Please note that these steps are for new patient registration only.
- Click on Patient Portal. From the Providence Medical Group Patient Portal landing page, click on ‘Don't have an account? Sign up today to stay connected to your healthcare.’
- Fill in the required information and complete the security verification.
- You will then be asked to confirm your identity with a verification code sent to you via email, phone or text message.
- Once confirmed, you may select your new healthcare provider and practice location from the dropdown menus.
- You will be asked to set a password — when your password is confirmed, you will be directed to your own personalized, secure Patient Portal. You are now registered as a patient!
- You may now schedule your first appointment right away if you wish.
If you would like to wait to schedule your initial appointment, you may return to your patient portal at any time to do so.
If you have any questions about the registration process, or your new Patient Portal, please call (937) 297-8999.
Established patients who exhibit symptoms characteristic of COVID-19, including fever, cough and shortness of breath, or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past, are eligible for COVID-19 antibody testing.
Providence Medical Group’s total antibody testing procedure determines:
- If COVID-19 antibodies are present, and if they are,
- Whether antibodies are the result of an active or inactive incidence of COVID-19.
Same-day appointments are available; call our office or request an appointment for ‘COVID-19 antibody test’ with us through your patient portal.
Currently, COVID-19 antibody testing is covered by most medical insurance carriers.
Improving the quality of care among our patient communities
At Family Health Center, our goal is to continue to improve the health and wellness of all our patients.
We measure our progress by tracking the care and treatment of groups of patients who are at risk for common or chronic conditions — here are some important at-risk factors that we carefully monitor:
Blood Pressure Control
Patients 18 to 59 years of age with hypertension whose blood pressure is less than 140/90.
2018: 79% 2017: 82%
Pneumococcal Vaccination Status
Measure identifies Medicare members 65 years of age or older who have ever received a pneumococcal vaccination.
2018: 48% 2017: 42%
Colorectal Cancer Screening
Patients 51 to 75 years of age who have received one or more screenings for colorectal cancer.
2018: 48% 2017: 36%
If you are at-risk for a chronic or other potentially harmful condition, please make sure you consult with your health care provider to set up a test or screening schedule to monitor your progress!
Vital health screenings! Find out below the important preventive services for people just like you. Then, check back with us to discuss which are the most important steps to help assure your health and wellness — it's fast and easy!