During the COVID-19 outbreak, we are taking every precaution to assure that everyone who enters our offices is safe. If you are concerned about any symptoms that you or a family member may have, please don't hesitate to contact your primary care provider through your patient portal or by calling the practice.
For more about COVID-19 in our area, go to https://provmedgroup.com/coronavirus.html
Beavercreek Commons Family Practice
Office hours: Monday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm • Tuesday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm • Wednesday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm • Thursday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm • Friday 7:00 am - 4:00 pm • Saturdays (Alternating) 8:00 am - 11:45 am; call for current Saturday schedule.
If you need to reach your provider after our office is closed, please call (937) 427-3333. Non-emergent calls will be returned within one to two business days.
Same day appointments — Call or schedule online through your Patient Portal.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 427-3333 or go to your Patient Portal
"I got to do my first video appointment with Dr. Carter today! During times like these your technology absolutely rocks! Between a video chat, and my patient portal, I have been able to stay in communication with my doctor and get my medicine in a timely manner…even during times like these. Thank you so much for all of the careful, thoughtful, and hard work that you all put into keeping your patients safe."
"I transferred from Hamilton, OH to continue seeing Josephine Adams as my Primary Care Provider. She is the reason I traveled 45 miles to your facility. Josephine always explains what she wants me to do and why I should. She is an excellent care provider; I would recommend her to anyone."
"These folks do marvelous work and I am blessed to have them! Everyone is top-notch and I am thankful for each one."
Board Certified physician Kevin Carter, and Certified Nurse Practitioners Sara Whitlock, Josephine Adams and Andrea Malson offer personalized treatment and care to all family members, from newborns to geriatric patients.
Kevin A. Carter, DO, FAASM is Board Certified in both Family Practice and Sleep Medicine, and holds the degree of Fellow from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Before establishing his current practice, Dr. Carter served as Medical Director at the United States Army Sleep Medicine Center at Fort Benning, GA. He is a graduate of the Ohio University of College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Kevin Carter provides full-spectrum sleep medicine evaluations, diagnosis, and treatments at the Carter Sleep Center, located in the offices of Beavercreek Commons Family Practice. The Center treats sleep-related breathing disorders (Obstructive Sleep Apnea), insomnia, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome, and parasomnias in all age groups. Home sleep testing and in-lab sleep testing are available.
In addition, Dr. Carter serves as the Medical Director of the Sleep Center at Kettering Medical Center, and also sees patients at Kettering and Sycamore hospitals, as well as the Cornerstone Medical Center and Huber Health Center Sleep Labs.
Our professional staff includes Certified Family Nurse Practitioner Sara Whitlock. Sara provides complete clinical care — including treatment of illness and injuries, routine check-ups, disease prevention, and diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions for patients of all ages.
Sara plays an important role in actively counseling our patients on ways to better manage their own health to help assure long-term wellness. She also works with Dr. Kevin Carter in treating sleep disorder patients at the Carter Sleep Center.Nurse Practitioners provide our patients with important health care services.
Please welcome Certified Family Nurse Practitioner Josephine Adams to Beavercreek Commons Family Practice! A vital member of our care team, Josephine provides treatment for illness, injuries and most acute and chronic conditions. She also focuses on disease prevention as well as personalized health education and wellness counseling.
With an extensive background in internal medicine, Josephine also brings special experience in the treatment of diabetes and hypertension.Nurse Practitioners provide our patients with important health care services.
Beavercreek Commons Family Practice is proud to welcome Certified Nurse Practitioner Andrea Malson to our practice. Andrea joins our professional staff in offering complete, compassionate health care for everyone in your family, including treatment of illness and injuries, disease prevention, diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions, and annual wellness visits.
Andrea is also a provider at the Carter Sleep Center, assisting Dr. Kevin Carter in diagnosing and treating patients with sleep disorders.
Beavercreek Commons Family Practice is recognized by the NCQA as meeting PCMH 2014 Patient-Centered Medical Home standards.
At a Patient-Centered Medical Home, your health care team focuses on you, providing prompt, cost-efficient care, on-going wellness and better outcomes. It’s where you and your family work in partnership with a supportive team of medical professionals to ensure a lifetime of quality health care.
Treatment for Sleep Disorders at the Carter Sleep Center
Dr. Kevin Carter provides full-spectrum sleep medicine evaluations, diagnosis, and treatments at the Carter Sleep Center, located in the offices of Beavercreek Commons Family Practice. The Center treats sleep-related breathing disorders (Obstructive Sleep Apnea), insomnia, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome, and parasomnias in all age groups. Home sleep testing and in-lab sleep testing are available. Click here to go to the Carter Sleep Center website.
New Patient Online Registration
It takes only a few minutes to register online as a new patient!
Please note that these steps are for new patient registration only.
- Click on Patient Portal. From the Providence Medical Group Patient Portal landing page, click on ‘Don't have an account? Sign up today to stay connected to your healthcare.’
- Fill in the required information and complete the security verification.
- You will then be asked to confirm your identity with a verification code sent to you via email, phone or text message.
- Once confirmed, you may select your new healthcare provider and practice location from the dropdown menus.
- You will be asked to set a password — when your password is confirmed, you will be directed to your own personalized, secure Patient Portal. You are now registered as a patient!
- You may now schedule your first appointment right away if you wish.
If you would like to wait to schedule your initial appointment, you may return to your patient portal at any time to do so.
If you have any questions about the registration process, or your new Patient Portal, please call (937) 297-8999.
Skip the waiting room — visit your own provider over video!
Secure video appointments are ideal for follow-up visits, medication questions, test results or general questions. And they're perfect when you need immediate medical attention from a trusted provider and you can't visit your doctor's office in person. All you need is access to a video-capable computer, tablet or smartphone.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 427-3333 or go to your Patient Portal
From your Portal on a computer
1. Click on the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Click on ‘Secure Online Video’
3. Select the day for your desired appointment.
From your Portal on a smartphone
1. Select the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Select ‘Schedule New Appointment’
3. For Appointment Reason, select ‘Secure Online Video Appointment’. You will be given the opportunity to provide additional information about your visit should you wish.
4. In the ‘Who is your provider?’ menu, scroll down and select your provider.
How to begin your video visit
• After you've made your appointment, watch for an email or text that includes a link to the Providence Telemedicine web page or to download the 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' mobile app. You can then set up your user profile.
• Before your appointment, log in to your video visit with your computer, tablet, or a smartphone such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android device — find the app 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' on your mobile device, or click here from your computer. You'll also need a valid credit card.
• Please log in 15 minutes before your video visit and be prepared with questions for your doctor.
Tips for a great video visit
• Wi-Fi or a wired connection is strongly preferred for a great video visit experience.
• Use headphones — it cuts down on background noise and helps keep the conversation with your doctor private
Improving the quality of care among our patient communities
At Beavercreek Commons Family Practice, our goal is to continue to improve the health and wellness of all our patients.
We measure our progress by tracking the care and treatment of groups of patients who are at risk for common or chronic conditions — here are some important at-risk factors that we carefully monitor:
Blood Pressure Control
Patients 18 to 59 years of age with hypertension whose blood pressure is less than 140/90.
2018: 55% 2017: 49%
Pneumococcal Vaccination Status
Measure identifies Medicare members 65 years of age or older who have ever received a pneumococcal vaccination.
2018: 52% 2017: 53%
Colorectal Cancer Screening
Patients 51 to 75 years of age who have received one or more screenings for colorectal cancer.
2018: 57% 2017: 54%
If you are at-risk for a chronic or other potentially harmful condition, please make sure you consult with your health care provider to set up a test or screening schedule to monitor your progress!