During the COVID-19 outbreak, we are taking every precaution to assure that everyone who enters our offices is safe. If you are concerned about any symptoms that you or a family member may have, please don't hesitate to contact your primary care provider through your patient portal or by calling the practice.
For more about COVID-19 in our area, go to https://provmedgroup.com/coronavirus.html
Sugarcreek Family Medicine
Office hours: Monday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm • Tuesday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm • Wednesday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm • Thursday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm • Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm • Alternate Saturdays 8:00 am - 12:00 Noon ; check with our office for scheduled Saturdays.
If you need to reach your provider after our office is closed, please call (937) 848-9010. Non-emergent calls will be returned within one to two business days.
Same day appointments — Call or schedule online through your Patient Portal
We offer Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment — same day appointments.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 848-9010 or go to your Patient Portal
"[A telemedicine visit] is so convenient for me as I do not drive and depend on others. My doctor answered all my questions and gave me all the information I needed. EXCELLENT!"
"I feel I get the most thorough health screening every time I come in. We discuss everything and I leave with a plan of action to improve my health through doctor suggestions and requirements! I like that my questions are answered and explained at my level."
"Dr. Webb is seriously the 'bee's knees'! He's always super polite and helpful when I come in. He's detailed about whatever medications he will be prescribing, or other treatments needed, and he's always great at listening without judgment."
Board certified in family practice by the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians, Dr. Mark Jeffries has provided care to families throughout the greater Dayton area since 1995. A graduate of the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, Dr. Jeffries received post-doctoral training at the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Grandview Hospital and Medical Center. He has served as Chief Resident in family practice at Grandview, and is currently Medical Director for Viaquest Hospice Care.
Sugarcreek Family Medicine and Providence Medical Group are pleased to announce that Timothy Webb, DO, has joined our professional staff as a practicing physician.
Board certified in family medicine, Dr. Webb emphasizes a complete, personalized approach to care that takes into account all aspects of a patient’s physical condition, emotional well-being, family health history and lifestyle to promote long-term wellness. “Getting to know the real person first, and the many things that impact their health and positive outlook, is so important to treating each patient as an individual. Helping people achieve complete wellness, rather than just treating their symptoms, is the most fulfilling part of what we do.”
Dr. Webb received his medical degree from the Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine, and is an active member of the American Osteopathic Association and the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians. He is a native of Gallipolis, Ohio and a graduate of the University of Rio Grande of Rio Grande, Ohio. An avid landscape photographer, Dr. Webb and his wife, Kendra, recently relocated back to Ohio after living in Ft. Lauderdale , Florida.
Dr. Webb is available now for a convenient appointment.
Sugarcreek Family Medicine and Providence Medical Group are pleased to announce that Mark Ringle, MD, has joined our professional staff as a practicing physician.
As a board certified family physician who has served Ohio families for over 30 years, Dr. Ringle offers patients of all ages personalized, compassionate medical care. “To the best of my ability, my goal is to work in partnership with each patient to achieve the best possible on-going health and wellness. I look forward to working with my new colleagues, and would especially like to welcome my many patients from my former practice to Sugarcreek Family Medicine.”
Dr. Ringle is an honors graduate of Otterbein University, and received his medical degree, also with honors, from the Ohio State College of Medicine. In addition to his extensive experience in family medicine, Dr. Ringle has also served as the Medical Director at the Ohio School for the Deaf in Columbus, Ohio.
An active member of our community, Dr. Ringle enjoys teaching and working with senior citizens, youth groups and many others through his church, the Boy Scouts of America, and other organizations.
Our professional staff includes Certified Nurse Practitioner Carrie Evans. With over 10 years of nursing experience, Carrie provides complete clinical care — including treatment of illness and injuries, disease prevention, diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions, and annual wellness visits. In addition, she offers experience in well-woman care, treatment of hypertension, and diabetes care.
As a nurse practitioner, Carrie also plays an important role in counseling our patients on ways to better manage their own health to help assure long-term wellness.
Sugarcreek Family Medicine is recognized by the NCQA as meeting PCMH 2011 Patient-Centered Medical Home standards.
At a Patient-Centered Medical Home, your health care team focuses on you, providing prompt, cost-efficient care, on-going wellness and better outcomes. It’s where you and your family work in partnership with a supportive team of medical professionals to ensure a lifetime of quality health care.
Skip the waiting room — visit your own provider over video!
Secure video appointments are ideal for follow-up visits, medication questions, test results or general questions. And they’re perfect when you need immediate medical attention from a trusted provider and you can’t visit your doctor’s office in person. All you need is access to a video-capable computer, tablet or smartphone.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 848-9010 or go to your Patient Portal
From your Portal on a computer
1. Click on the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Click on ‘Secure Online Video’
3. Select the day for your desired appointment.
From your Portal on a smartphone
1. Select the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Select ‘Schedule New Appointment’
3. For Appointment Reason, select ‘Secure Online Video Appointment’. You will be given the opportunity to provide additional information about your visit should you wish.
4. In the ‘Who is your provider?’ menu, scroll down and select your provider.
How to begin your video visit
• After you’ve made your appointment, watch for an email or text that includes a link to the Providence Telemedicine web page or to download the 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' mobile app. You can then set up your user profile.
• Before your appointment, log in to your video visit with your computer, tablet, or a smartphone such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android device — find the app 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' on your mobile device, or click here from your computer. You’ll also need a valid credit card.
• Please log in 15 minutes before your video visit and be prepared with questions for your doctor.
Tips for a great video visit
• Wi-Fi or a wired connection is strongly preferred for a great video visit experience.
• Use headphones — it cuts down on background noise and helps keep the conversation with your doctor private
New Patient Online Registration
It takes only a few minutes to register online as a new patient!
Please note that these steps are for new patient registration only.
- Click on Patient Portal. From the Providence Medical Group Patient Portal landing page, click on ‘Don't have an account? Sign up today to stay connected to your healthcare.’
- Fill in the required information and complete the security verification.
- You will then be asked to confirm your identity with a verification code sent to you via email, phone or text message.
- Once confirmed, you may select your new healthcare provider and practice location from the dropdown menus.
- You will be asked to set a password — when your password is confirmed, you will be directed to your own personalized, secure Patient Portal. You are now registered as a patient!
- You may now schedule your first appointment right away if you wish.
If you would like to wait to schedule your initial appointment, you may return to your patient portal at any time to do so.
If you have any questions about the registration process, or your new Patient Portal, please call (937) 297-8999.
Established patients who exhibit symptoms characteristic of COVID-19, including fever, cough and shortness of breath, or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past, are eligible for COVID-19 antibody testing.
Providence Medical Group’s total antibody testing procedure determines:
- If COVID-19 antibodies are present, and if they are,
- Whether antibodies are the result of an active or inactive incidence of COVID-19.
Same-day appointments are available; call our office or request an appointment for ‘COVID-19 antibody test’ with us through your patient portal.
Currently, COVID-19 antibody testing is covered by most medical insurance carriers.
Improving the quality of care among our patient communities
At Sugarcreek Family Medicine, our goal is to continue to improve the health and wellness of all our patients.
We measure our progress by tracking the care and treatment of groups of patients who are at risk for common or chronic conditions — here are some important at-risk factors that we carefully monitor:
Blood Pressure Control
Patients 18 to 59 years of age with hypertension whose blood pressure is less than 140/90.
2018: 78% 2017: 74%
Patients 65 years of age and older who received an influenza vaccination during the measurement period.
2018: 50% 2017: 55%
Colorectal Cancer Screening
Patients 51 to 75 years of age who have received one or more screenings for colorectal cancer.
2018: 57% 2017: 62%
If you are at-risk for a chronic or other potentially harmful condition, please make sure you consult with your health care provider to set up a test or screening schedule to monitor your progress!