Providence Health Partners — Center for Clinical Research
Every day, research uncovers new information about medical conditions and possible treatments. Volunteering to participate in a clinical research study is one way you can contribute to the understanding of diseases and the development of new therapies. At the Providence Health Partners—Center for Clinical Research, clinical studies help eligible participants to:
• Play an active role in their health care.
• Gain access to new research treatments before they are widely available.
• Help others by contributing to medical research.
Because it is part of the Providence Medical Group, the Center and its operations are managed by the same physicians you entrust with your family's health care.
Currently Enrolling Studies
• Type 2 Diabetes Study — Have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes for the past six months or longer, and are being treated with stable anti-diabetic medication for at least the past 90 days? If your glucose is not under control, and you have never taken insulin, you may be able to participate in this new clinical trial.
Study-related care and medication is provided at no charge to you; you may qualify for time and travel compensation. Click here for full details, phone 937-297-8999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gastroparesis Study— Do you suffer from the symptoms of gastroparesis, such as post-meal fullness, nausea, vomiting, upper abdominal pain and early satiety?
Whether your symptoms are diabetes related or idiopathic, you may be eligible for a new investigational study on gastroparesis treatment. Study-related care and medication is provided at no charge to you; you may qualify for time and travel compensation. Click here for full details. Phone 937-297-8999 or email email@example.com
• Cardiovascular Diseases Trial — If you have ever had a stroke or heart attack, or you have poor circulation, you may be eligible for the SELECT clinical study on the effectiveness of semaglutide — a treatment that may reduce the risk of cardiovascular events. Study-related care and medication is provided at no charge to you; you may qualify for time and travel compensation. Click here for full details. Phone 937-297-8999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further study details or to learn more about the Center, call 937/297-8576.
The ethical and legal codes that govern medical practice also apply to clinical trials. In addition, most clinical research is federally regulated with built in safeguards to protect the participants. The trial follows a carefully controlled protocol, a study plan which details what researchers will do in the study.
Dr. Lawrence Ratcliff has served as an investigator on more than 50 trials, in various indications including gastroenterology, endocrinology, dermatology, neurology, musculoskeletal, cardiology and pulmonology.
In holding the senior medical administrative position at Providence, Dr. Ratcliff oversees all activities related to the delivery of medical care, clinical services, quality assurance and regulatory compliance. He is a Board Certified family practice physician, and continues to serve his patients from his practice in Farmersville, Ohio. He has been a member physician with Providence Medical Group since its founding, serves with distinction on its Board of Directors, and has held several clinical supervisory positions within the organization.
Investigator Dr. Timothy Webb brings valuable clinical expertise in areas including endocrinology, gastroenterology, cardiovascular, neurology, musculoskeletal, pulmonology and dermatology.As a board certified physician in family medicine, Dr. Webb emphasizes a complete, personalized approach to care that takes into account all aspects of a patient’s physical condition, emotional well-being, family health history and lifestyle to promote long-term wellness.
Dr. Webb received his medical degree from the Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine, and is an active member of the American Osteopathic Association and the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians.
Board Certified in family practice, Dr. Edward Hubach has been an investigator on more than 50 trials in a wide range of indications.
A past president of Providence medical Group, Dr. Hubach has served area families for over 35 years. He received his degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, and performed his internship locally at Grandview Hospital and Medical Center. He maintains hospital affiliations with Kettering Medical Center, Miami Valley Hospital, Grandview Hospital and Medical Center, Southview Hospital, and Sycamore Hospital.
To learn more about the Providence Health Partners Center for Clinical Research and its research activities, call Debbie Shockley at 937-297-8994.
The Providence Center for Clinical Research is conveniently located at the Providence Medical Group corporate headquarters at 2912 Springboro West, Suite 200, Dayton, Ohio 45439. Click here for a map and driving directions.