During the COVID-19 outbreak, we are taking every precaution to assure that everyone who enters our offices is safe. If you are concerned about any symptoms that you or a family member may have, please don't hesitate to contact your primary care provider through your patient portal or by calling the practice.
For more about COVID-19 in our area, go to https://provmedgroup.com/coronavirus.html
Office hours: Monday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm • Tuesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm • Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm • Thursday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm • Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
If you need to reach your provider after our office is closed, please call (937) 496-1012. Non-emergent calls will be returned within one to two business days.
New Patients Welcome — Register online. No preliminary office visit needed.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 438-1115 or go to your Patient Portal
"NP Corey Davis is a true gem! Not to mention Dr. Robert Myers and the WHOLE staff!! My kids love them and are always treated with kindness and respect."
"We love Dr Starrett. She's very patient and helpful"
"This office is fantastic! We've been going here for about 15 yrs and the people and providers that work here are the best! I don't want my kids to age out of pediatrics because we love going here!"
"Great experience from the front desk, to the nurse, to the doctor. I'm very happy that my daughter will be seen in this office!"
Contemporary Pediatrics' mission is to provide current, comprehensive and compassionate care to our newborn through adolescent patients and their families, with personal accessibility to our medical staff whenever they are needed.
We offer general pediatric care for children from birth through adolescence — with special attention to "peace-of-mind" for parents. Understanding the many concerns of today's families, we offer complete, personalized care and service:
• A professional staff of board certified physicians and certified pediatric nurse practitioners
• 24-hour availability of on-call physicians
• Providers for most insurance companies and plans in Dayton and Southwest Ohio
• Affiliation with Children's Hospital, Kettering Hospital, Southview Hospital
Board Certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Pediatrics, Dr. Robert P. Myers received his degree from the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, and performed his residency at Doctor's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. A long time resident of our area, Dr. Myers is a member of the American Osteopathic Association and the American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians. He is Past Chief of Staff of Children’s Hospital, Dayton, and a clinical instructor in the department of pediatrics at Wright State University College of Medicine.
Board certified in pediatrics, Karen Starrett, MD, has served area families for over 16 years. Dr. Starrett is a graduate of the Medical College of Ohio in Toledo, and completed her residency through the Wright State University School of Medicine at Children’s Medical Center in Dayton. She continues to work with pediatric residents and medical students through the Wright State University School of Medicine.
Contemporary Pediatrics is recognized by the NCQA as meeting PCMH 2011 patient-centered medical home standards.
At a Patient-Centered Medical Home, your health care team focuses on you, providing prompt, cost-efficient care, on-going wellness and better outcomes. It’s where you and your family work in partnership with a supportive team of medical professionals to ensure a lifetime of quality health care.
Contemporary Pediatrics’ Flu Shot Event — Just in time for flu season!
Bite the flu bug before it bites your child! It takes just a few minutes to get a flu shot from the providers you trust during our upcoming Flu Shot Events.
Saturday, October 19 — 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Flu shots are available for children 6 months old and older.
By appointment only during our Flu Shot Event — space is limited, so call 937-438-1115 now!
Skip the waiting room — visit your own provider over video!
Secure video appointments are ideal for follow-up visits, medication questions, test results or general questions. And they're perfect when you need immediate medical attention from a trusted provider and you can't visit your doctor's office in person. All you need is access to a video-capable computer, tablet or smartphone.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 438-1115 or go to your Patient Portal
From your Portal on a computer
1. Click on the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Click on ‘Secure Online Video’
3. Select the day for your desired appointment.
From your Portal on a smartphone
1. Select the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Select ‘Schedule New Appointment’
3. For Appointment Reason, select ‘Secure Online Video Appointment’. You will be given the opportunity to provide additional information about your visit should you wish.
4. In the ‘Who is your provider?’ menu, scroll down and select your provider.
How to begin your video visit
• After you've made your appointment, watch for an email or text that includes a link to the Providence Telemedicine web page or to download the 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' mobile app. You can then set up your user profile.
• Before your appointment, log in to your video visit with your computer, tablet, or a smartphone such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android device — find the app 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' on your mobile device, or click here from your computer. You'll also need a valid credit card.
• Please log in 15 minutes before your video visit and be prepared with questions for your doctor.
Tips for a great video visit
• Wi-Fi or a wired connection is strongly preferred for a great video visit experience.
• Use headphones — it cuts down on background noise and helps keep the conversation with your doctor private
New Patient Online Registration
It takes only a few minutes to register online as a new patient!
Please note that these steps are for new patient registration only.
- Click on Patient Portal. From the Providence Medical Group Patient Portal landing page, click on ‘Don't have an account? Sign up today to stay connected to your healthcare.’
- Fill in the required information and complete the security verification.
- You will then be asked to confirm your identity with a verification code sent to you via email, phone or text message.
- Once confirmed, you may select your new healthcare provider and practice location from the dropdown menus.
- You will be asked to set a password — when your password is confirmed, you will be directed to your own personalized, secure Patient Portal. You are now registered as a patient!
- You may now schedule your first appointment right away if you wish.
If you would like to wait to schedule your initial appointment, you may return to your patient portal at any time to do so.
If you have any questions about the registration process, or your new Patient Portal, please call (937) 297-8999.
Established patients who exhibit symptoms characteristic of COVID-19, including fever, cough and shortness of breath, or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past, are eligible for COVID-19 antibody testing.
Providence Medical Group’s total antibody testing procedure determines:
- If COVID-19 antibodies are present, and if they are,
- Whether antibodies are the result of an active or inactive incidence of COVID-19.
Same-day appointments are available; call our office or request an appointment for ‘COVID-19 antibody test’ with us through your patient portal.
Currently, COVID-19 antibody testing is covered by most medical insurance carriers.
Flu shots are now available during regular office hours, and during our special Saturday Flu Shot Events —
Tuesday, October 6 — 5 to 7 pm
Wednesday, October 7 — 5 to 7 pm
Thursday, October 8 — 5 to 7 pm
Saturday, October 10 — 9 am to 12 noon
Tuesday, October 20 — 5 to 7 pm
Wednesday, October 21 — 5 to 7 pm
Thursday, October 22 — 5 to 7 pm
Saturday, October 24 — 9 am to 12 noon
To make a flu shot appointment, call 937-438-1115, or schedule through your patient portal. If accessing your patient portal on your smartphone, select ‘Labcontemporarypeds’ as your provider.
Our provider staff also includes Certified Nurse Practitioners Wendy S. Bowles, PhD, MSN, RN, CPNP; Lori Milliron, DNP, RN-CNP and Corey Davis, FNP-C.
Vital health screenings! Find out below the important preventive services for people just like you.
Then, check back with us to discuss which are the most important steps to help assure your health and wellness — it's fast and easy!