During the COVID-19 outbreak, we are taking every precaution to assure that everyone who enters our offices is safe. If you are concerned about any symptoms that you or a family member may have, please don't hesitate to contact your primary care provider through your patient portal or by calling the practice.
For more about COVID-19 in our area, go to https://provmedgroup.com/coronavirus.html
Suburban Family Practice — Barbara Bennett, DO
Office hours: Monday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm • Tuesday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm • Wednesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm • Thursday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm • Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm • Saturdays 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
If you need to reach your provider after our office is closed, please call 937-220-5386 — after the beep, type in the phone number where you can be reached, hang up, and the on-call provider will be paged.
Same day appointments — Call or schedule online through your Patient Portal.
New Patients Welcome — Register online. No preliminary office visit needed.
Our extended hours let us provide care when most other healthcare facilities are closed — care is available for all patients. All our providers are available for appointments during office hours; walk-in patients are accepted.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 233-4252 or go to your Patient Portal
"The whole experience was very good. I am impressed with the service I received. "
"Dr. Bennett's office always takes it upon themselves to provide the utmost care and respect while proceeding through my appointments."
Dr. Barbara Bennett is Board Certified in general practice, and she specializes in patients from newborns to the elderly. Dr. Bennett's goal is to provide personalized, effective treatment for every patient, emphasizing continuity of care for each family member to help assure long-term health and wellness. She has been recognized for her particular efforts in the care of pre-diabetes and diabetes patients.
Dr. Barbara Bennett received her degree from the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, and performed her residency and internship locally at Grandview Hospital and Medical Center.
Dr. Bennett maintains hospital affiliations with Kettering Medical Center, Grandview Hospital and Medical Center, Southview Hospital and Sycamore Hospital. She is a member of the American College of General Practitioners, the American Osteopathic Association and the Ohio Osteopathic Association.
As a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, Stephanie Beeching provides complete clinical care — including treatment of illness and injuries, routine check-ups, disease prevention, and diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions for all ages. She also has special experience in women’s health and nutrition.Nurse Practitioners provide our patients with important health care services.
Suburban Family Practice is recognized by the NCQA as meeting Patient-Centered Medical Home standards.
At a Patient-Centered Medical Home, your health care team focuses on you, providing prompt, cost-efficient care, on-going wellness and better outcomes. It’s where you and your family work in partnership with a supportive team of medical professionals to ensure a lifetime of quality health care.
Skip the waiting room — visit your own provider over video!
Secure video appointments are ideal for follow-up visits, medication questions, test results or general questions. And they're perfect when you need immediate medical attention from a trusted provider and you can't visit your doctor's office in person. All you need is access to a video-capable computer, tablet or smartphone.
To request a video appointment, call (937) 233-4252 or go to your Patient Portal
From your Portal on a computer
1. Click on the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Click on ‘Secure Online Video’
3. Select the day for your desired appointment.
From your Portal on a smartphone
1. Select the ‘Appointments’ tab
2. Select ‘Schedule New Appointment’
3. For Appointment Reason, select ‘Secure Online Video Appointment’. You will be given the opportunity to provide additional information about your visit should you wish.
4. In the ‘Who is your provider?’ menu, scroll down and select your provider.
How to begin your video visit
• After you've made your appointment, watch for an email or text that includes a link to the Providence Telemedicine web page or to download the 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' mobile app. You can then set up your user profile.
• Before your appointment, log in to your video visit with your computer, tablet, or a smartphone such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android device — find the app 'Providence Medical TeleMedicine' on your mobile device, or click here from your computer. You'll also need a valid credit card.
• Please log in 15 minutes before your video visit and be prepared with questions for your doctor.
Tips for a great video visit
• Wi-Fi or a wired connection is strongly preferred for a great video visit experience.
• Use headphones — it cuts down on background noise and helps keep the conversation with your doctor private
New Patient Online Registration
It takes only a few minutes to register online as a new patient!
Please note that these steps are for new patient registration only.
- Click on Patient Portal. From the Providence Medical Group Patient Portal landing page, click on ‘Don't have an account? Sign up today to stay connected to your healthcare.’
- Fill in the required information and complete the security verification.
- You will then be asked to confirm your identity with a verification code sent to you via email, phone or text message.
- Once confirmed, you may select your new healthcare provider and practice location from the dropdown menus.
- You will be asked to set a password — when your password is confirmed, you will be directed to your own personalized, secure Patient Portal. You are now registered as a patient!
- You may now schedule your first appointment right away if you wish.
If you would like to wait to schedule your initial appointment, you may return to your patient portal at any time to do so.
If you have any questions about the registration process, or your new Patient Portal, please call (937) 297-8999.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) testing is now available through our practice
Established patients are eligible for COVID-19 testing through the conveniently located Providence Medical Lab and its fast and thorough test results.
If you believe you have COVID-19 symptoms — Click here for Providence's procedures for COVID-19 testing for symptomatic patients.
If you need to be tested for COVID-19, but do not have symptoms — Click here for Providence's procedures for COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic patients.
If you or a family member has COVID-19 symptoms, or believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, please contact us right away.
To make a flu shot appointment, call 937-233-4252, or schedule through your patient portal.
If accessing your patient portal on your smartphone, choose ‘Labsuburban’ as your provider.
Improving the quality of care among our patient communities
At Suburban Family Practice our goal is to continue to improve the health and wellness of all our patients.
We measure our progress by tracking the care and treatment of groups of patients who are at risk for common or chronic conditions — here are some important at-risk factors that we carefully monitor:
Blood Pressure Control
Patients 18 to 59 years of age with hypertension whose blood pressure is less than 140/90.
2018: 87% 2017: 82%
Hemoglobin A1c Testing
Patients 18 to 75 years of age with diabetes who have had a hemoglobin A1c test performed during the measurement year.
2018: 85% 2017: 84%
Colorectal Cancer Screening
Patients 51 to 75 years of age who have received one or more screenings for colorectal cancer.
2018: 55% 2017: 34%
If you are at-risk for a chronic or other potentially harmful condition, please make sure you consult with your health care provider to set up a test or screening schedule to monitor your progress!
Vital health screenings! Find out below the important preventive services for people just like you. Then, check back with us to discuss which are the most important steps to help assure your health and wellness — it's fast and easy!