Your Providence Nurse Practitioner — Focusing on the whole you
With a unique approach that stresses both care and cure, Providence Nurse Practitioners are a vital part of their patients’ health care team.
- They are fully qualified to treat most acute and chronic conditions including illness, injuries, infections, high blood pressure, diabetes, and many other critical health care issues for all ages.
- Nurse Practitioners emphasize disease prevention, health education and wellness counseling — actively helping patients and their families make better health and lifestyle choices.
Working with our practices’ physicians, Providence Nurse Practitioners focus on the whole person, and allow a true team approach to patient care.
What is a Nurse Practitioner?
A Nurse Practitioner is a board-certified Registered Nurse (RN) who has completed advanced training and education—a minimum of a master’s degree—in the diagnosis, treatment and management of common medical conditions, including chronic illnesses.
How can a Nurse Practitioner improve my family's health?
• Nurse Practitioners, who know you and your health needs, help assure continuity of care and long-term wellness.
• Providence Nurse Practitioners offer the time and attention each patient needs, helping them learn how to better manage their own health and well-being.
• Manage and coordinate your overall care — including making referrals to other healthcare specialists.
• Prescribe medications, therapy, rehabilitation and other treatments.
• Order, perform and analyze diagnostic tests such as lab work and medical imaging.
• Provide comprehensive personalized health education and counseling.
Providence Medical Group practices throughout our area have nurse practitioners on staff, including family medicine, pediatrics, and obstetrics and gynecology. For more information, including a practice near you, call our Physician Referral Line at (937) 297-8999 or explore the ‘Find a Physician’ links.