Providence Health Partners — Center for Clinical Research
Every day, research uncovers new information about medical conditions and possible treatments. Volunteering to participate in a clinical research study is one way you can contribute to the understanding of diseases and the development of new therapies. At the Providence Health Partners—Center for Clinical Research, clinical studies help eligible participants to:
• Play an active role in their health care.
• Gain access to new research treatments before they are widely available.
• Help others by contributing to medical research.
Because it is part of the Providence Medical Group, the Center and its operations are managed by the same physicians you entrust with your family's health care.
Currently Enrolling Studies
• High Triglycerides Study — If you suffer from high triglycerides and are over 18 years old, check to see if you qualify for this study!
• Shingles Study — For participants age 30 and over who have recently developed a shingles rash.
• Osteoarthritis of the Knee Study— If you have knee pain caused by osteoarthritis, you may be eligible to participate!
• Type 2 Diabetes Study — Are you currently treated with basal insulin alone, basal and bolus insulin in any combination, or premixed insulin? Learn more about our latest type 2 diabetes study.
• Low Back Pain Study — If you’ve been experiencing chronic low back pain despite pain medication, you may qualify for this study.
• Type 2 Diabetes Study — If taking oral diabetes medication, or diet and exercise by itself isn't managing your type 2 diabetes.
• Type 2 Diabetes Study — If you are not taking insulin, this study may be just right for you.
For further study details or to learn more about the Center, call 937/297-8576.
The ethical and legal codes that govern medical practice also apply to clinical trials. In addition, most clinical research is federally regulated with built in safeguards to protect the participants. The trial follows a carefully controlled protocol, a study plan which details what researchers will do in the study.
To learn more about the Providence Health Partners Center for Clinical Research and its research activities, call Debbie Shockley at 937-297-8994.
The Providence Center for Clinical Research is conveniently located at the Providence Medical Group corporate headquarters at 2912 Springboro West, Suite 200, Dayton, Ohio 45439. Click here for a map and driving directions.