Medical Records Request Policy
Providence Medical Group . . .
• Conforms to procedures for medical records requests established by Ohio statute.
• Permits medical records requests from a patient's representative as long as the request is signed by the patient.
• Requires that health care providers allow patients to examine their medical record without charge.
Providence Medical Group follows these guidelines for medical record copy charges:
• Health care providers or medical record companies will provide a copy of a patient's medical record for a minimal charge to certain persons or government agencies. Click here for our schedule of charges as of July 16, 2016.
• Adheres to Ohio statute requirements for the maximum fee that health care providers or medical record companies can charge for copies of a medical record.
• Will conform to annual adjustments to the maximum fee for medical record copies as mandated by the Ohio State Director of Health.
• As required by Ohio statute, will exempt copies of medical records provided to sickness and accident insurers and health insuring corporations from these provisions.
• Expect your medical record copies to arrive within 30 days.